Novell network & RSLinx

James Mcquade

We have an application in which we want to put a pc onto a novell network. The problem is that the pc already has AB logix 500, RSView32, and rslinx pro loaded and running.

My last pc had the same software loaded as well as novel network and one time it took 2 hours to boot (i timed it)before getting another without novell on it. The new pc works fine without novell on it.

I even have a technote from ab saying that rslinx and novell are not compatible.

Has anyone else had this problem and do any of you have any solutions to the problem?

Thanks in advance,
james

We have an application in which we want to put a pc onto a novell network. The problem is that the pc already has AB logix 500, RSView32, and rslinx pro loaded and running.

I even have a technote from ab saying that rslinx and novell are not compatible.

Has anyone else had this problem and do any of you have any solutions to the problem?

Thanks in advance,
james
Add a non-Novel network for the RS stuff or change out the RS stuff for something that does Novel, maybe Siemens or GE? ;)

Run it in a virtual machine. First try to do a P->V (physical to virtual) conversion and test everything on that virtual machine.