Omron cj1m ETN cpu11 connection with NT631C

ali1122

Hi dear . I have a system with cj1m cpu11 etn. previously NT 5z HMI was connected with plc. recently my old HMI got damaged. I want to replace it with NT631C.
I have programmed NT631c and when i connect it with cj1M on 232 port.it does not communicate. Only system initilization screen display.
please help me in this.
what could be possible cause

Touch any two corners of the screen and the System Menu will appear. (Try several times, it can be tricky). I haven't used one in many years but you should find an entry that shows Host Connection or something similar. I believe you have two ports on the NT so you'll need to know if you are connected to A or B. then select to make your settings.

Do you have CX Programmer? Do you know the serial port settings on the PLC? It should be Host Link or NT Link. You'll need the correct Baud rate, Parity and Stop Bits as well.

Touch any two corners of the screen and the System Menu will appear. (Try several times, it can be tricky). I haven't used one in many years but you should find an entry that shows Host Connection or something similar. I believe you have two ports on the NT so you'll need to know if you are connected to A or B. then select to make your settings.

Do you have CX Programmer? Do you know the serial port settings on the PLC? It should be Host Link or NT Link. You'll need the correct Baud rate, Parity and Stop Bits as well.
thank you very much. I have cx programmer. in cx programmer . is serial port setting in Setting of cpu or else where. waiting for your kind response

If the NT is connected to the PLC's built-in serial port, then yes, click on Settings from CX Programmer project tree then go to the Host Link Port tab and view the settings.

Make sure to perform Options > Verify so you know you are looking at the actual PLC settings. If it does not verify then Transfer from PLC.

If the NT is connected to the PLC's built-in serial port, then yes, click on Settings from CX Programmer project tree then go to the Host Link Port tab and view the settings.

Make sure to perform Options > Verify so you know you are looking at the actual PLC settings. If it does not verify then Transfer from PLC.
Hi dear IORack.
I have connected cj1M cpu 11 with nt631 HMI via built in 232 connection.
HMi is just showing ´system initializating...`and did not go to run mode.
although Pt is programed ok. is there any thing missing?
One thing I am not sure about setting of 1. pt control area set to plc address..?
2. pt notify area set to plc address...?

in pt screen tabs and button I have used CIO address which were used in plc program.
thanks in advance

if you have the software, open the project.
on one of the tabs below the project tree, you will see the system tab, click on that.
then click on the Comm. Setting on the left.
that is the way my software works.
i am running cx-designer 3.73
all my displays have already been set up, so i may be incorrect
james

i am running cx-designer 3.73
The NT631 requires an old software package called NT Series Support Tool.

HMi is just showing ´system initializating...`and did not go to run mode.
although Pt is programed ok. is there any thing missing?
This indicates the NT is not communicating with the PLC. Did you find the NT Host Connection parameters on the touch screen?

If this was a previously working project, the NT program will already have the Control and Notify areas set properly. The communication parameters will not be set from the downloaded project.

previously NT 5z HMI was connected with plc.
Can you clarify the original screen part number? I've never heard of this model.

If you need to verify the Control/Notify area, goto Tools > PT Configuration > Control/Notify Area. From the PLC, make sure the Control area has a screen number in it in BCD. If it is zero, the screen will be blank. (If I remember correctly).

Wow.... I just found an old NT21.

1) Touch any two corners of the screen simultaneously.
2) From the System Menu select Memory Switch.
3) Press the down arrow until you see Comm.A and CommB.
4) Press Comm.x until you match the PLC settings. (You probably want Host Link, 9600).

4) Press Comm.x until you match the PLC settings. (You probably want Host Link, 9600)

4) Press Comm.x until you match the PLC settings. (You probably want Host Link,

Thanks dear for your valuable reply.
in my project I have designed NT631c HMi .
I have made all setting. in pt configuration I have to set address for PT control area and PT notify area .I donot kno which address I should plce here. can you send me some simple prototye progam where pt communicate with plc for a simple task. just for idea so that I could got some idea. I have made all possible setting. but still pt didnot go in Run mod