Omron CJ1M-CPU11-ETN help.

Kroz

I just got a new Omron CJ1M-CPU11-ETN with ethernet capability hence the ETN. I am trying to set up the ethernet with the manual and am having problems. Can someone give me the steps to setting this using CX-Programmer and be able to see the PLC with a web browser?

What information do you want to be able to see via the web browser?

The IP address is on the side of the CPU module, side were the I/O modules plug in.

You can set up the ethernet information using CX-Programmer. Depending on what version of CX-P you have can make a difference in how you will need to procede. Basically you need to use the IO table and set up the Ethernet "module". CX-Programmer sees the "ETN" as an Ethernet module in the first IO position. There is a manual #W441 that gives information on the CJ1M-1_ETN processors.

Hope this will help.

I would like to monitor inputs and outputs through a web browser. I am not sure of anything else because I don't know the possibilites.

I was able to figure out how to assign the ethernet card an ip address. It was a little harder to figure out that the rotary switches on the front of the card, which control the Node address, have to be set to the last two digits of the ip address. It also has to be in hex. For example, the ip I am using is 192.168.2.28. On the card, Node X16-1 is set to 1 and Node X16-2 is set to C.