One man show - Help needed to run the show

Velly, it sounds to me as if you are bending over backwards to the point of breaking. If you intend to stay in business you must lay out the ground rules with pending customers.Chakorules has more than laid out a map of how to accomplish this.

I think, of equal importance though, you must change your mindset. I have been in business for myself for 11 years now. I know that at first, most people set rates too low and are just happy to be working on their own. They do this because these rates match or slightly exceed what they made as an employee. You are no longer an employee! You now accept 100% of the responsibility / liability.

A business relationship should be mutually beneficial. Profit is not a bad word. Right now it seems that you have the mindset that the customer is doing you a favor by buying your service. Remember that the customer needs you (or someone like you) as much as you need them.

Set the rules to which your bid was based on and get the customer to sign off on this with the quote. Get something down money wise, so they do not hold all the cards. Your customer should want you to make a fair profit. If you do not, you will not be around to help them in the future! Sometimes you have to stick to your guns. When people start trying to get you to give more than they have agreed to pay for, put you foot down. You can’t walk into McDonald's, order and pay for a hamburger, then demand they give you the fries and drink for free.

Ho my God!

vely, what you have experience is normal. We all run into this kind of a$$holes in our businesses.

ONCE AND ONLY ONCE.

If you do get into this kind of mess again then you should submit your story to the Darwin Awards

How many years in buziness college would such an experience equate to?

Hi Velly !

You said you are from asian country & your customer is about
1400 miles away!! Now unless you are exporting your services ; there
are only 2 possibilities INDIA / CHINA.

Can you pl. be specific about your location & kind of immediate help needed? We might be living in same town also!

regards
reachasp