PanelView 800 / Compactlogix L24ER

Holmux

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dear All

I hope you can help me here :)

Trying to connect a Panelview 800 to a compactlogix L24ER, not as straight forward as I expected, I have this CCW software is this all I need ?

I see the panel OK from the CCW software, but have trouble linking my tags to the PLC, do I need to step up and get a different software packet ?

Thanks
/Holm

Hi George

Thanks for the help, this little thing is bugging me :)

I am using the Compactlogix protocol, I am using the same Gateway and network mask PLC: 192.168.0.20, Panelview: 192.168.0.21, Gate 192.168.0.1

After setting up the PLC with address 192.168.0.21,1,0 and go and what to make a tag, it tells me "no controller is selected" hmmm. what am I doing wrong.

Regards
Holm

I had the same issue when I first used the Panelview 800. In the address field of the tag editor use your tag name Not the PLC address.

Working :)

Just had to get my head around the logic of this tag editor, very sensitiv beast :)

Thanks for the help :geek:

I'm glad you're sorted, but what exactly was the problem/fix? All of the necessary step, I had thought, for creating controller tags in CCW, were explained in my linked thread.

I notice you've said...

Holmux said:
...PLC: 192.168.0.20, Panelview: 192.168.0.21, Gate 192.168.0.1

After setting up the PLC with address 192.168.0.21,1,0

Was that just a typo error? The PLC is .20 or .21? A little mistake like that in CCW could could have you head scratching, for a while.

G.

Hi George

Everything was setup perfect, but if I was writing the tag name instead of copy paste from the controller, you get this error message that there is no controller selected and I kept going back to fix the controller setup, going a bit around in cirkels :)

Well a good day is when you learn something new :)

Thanks again
/Holm

The Perpetual Silver Lining...

Holmux said:
...going a bit around in cirkels...Well a good day is when you learn something new...

Remember, the most apparently embarrassing mistakes are the ones you are least likely to forget.

Trust me, I did not learn the minutae of my craft by being perfect, first time, every time. It takes years to hone one's stupidity into a finely tuned "hardway" learning machine. Never doubt one's ability to reach new levels of "stoopid".

CCW is one hell of a tester and improver of said "hardway" learning machine.

G.