PanelView Plus 1250, Multistate Push button text

grisw

The application looks fine in the test run at the development node(my computer), but when transfer to the Panel View I can see some of the labels for the multistate push buttons,(some of the buttons are blank and randomly change, every time open the screen) I have the latest firmware in both panel views 4.00.11.60 (cpr 7) There is a case already in the Rockwell software support website, but the claim to be fixed by the firmware version 4.00.10...
Any in put that can help me please???
Thanks in advance
Gris

A couple of questions:

1. Are you using a different communications network between the PV+ and the controller than what you used during development? (For example, were you using Ethernet on the development side but DH+ on the implementation side?)

2. Are the pushbuttons tied to controller tags that are randomly changing?

Just some things to get the thinking process started...

Rick

I am not communicating with PLC yet, I am using Rsview tags and all the states for the button have the same properties and I am sending the same value with both states of the button. And yes they are randomly changing.

It appears to me that the pushbutton should work as expected once you are communicating with the PLC.

I suspect the reason you are getting blank buttons is because the random tag values do not match the values of the states you have defined (i.e., you have states defined for values 1 and 2, and the tag generates a value of 3).

When this happens, the Error state is invoked. If you have the same properties for each state, then you probably wouldn't see a difference in the button, other than the blank caption. You could try to change the button color of the error state to red and see if this is what is happening on your panel.