pass through devicenet

panic mode

I was just working on a machine that uses devicenet. how to select baud rate for
DeviceNet driver in RSLinx when using pass-through connection?
It seam to be impossible to use any other rate than 125kbps. Is this true?

If this is a ControlLogix rack you do not configure the baud rate for the passthrough connection. Now if you are wanting to set the baud rate for the scanner (1756-SDN), then that is a different issue. You set that value from inside RSNetworx or using the node commisioning wizard.

Darren

What you are seeing is a quirk of the 1771-SDNPT and 1747-SDNPT drivers. They are always labeled "125 kb" in the RSLinx driver configuration window, no matter what speed the 1747-SDN scanner is itself running at.

The pass-through drivers are so painfully slow that I try not to use them unless there's absolutely no choice. The 1770-KFD is expensive, but necessary.