PCI Card Standards

zmanvortex

Hello guys. We just purchased a motion control card that goes into a pc's PCI slot. I noticed something I had never seen before. The following is the warning sticker that came with the card:

"WARNING: This ACR (PCI) board requires both a 3.3V and a 5V power source. Ensure the PCI slot on your computer has both 3.3V and 5V before inserting the board. The absence of both may damage the board."

I thought PCI was a standard? Can anyone shed some light on this?

It's a universal card. It has notches at pin positions 12,13 (for 3.3VDC) and 50,51(for 5VDC). You should see two notches on the part of the card that inserts into the motherboard.
It should work without a problem

Similar Topics

Hi, I`m looking for purchase a CP5611 (6GK1561-1AA01). Siemens has stopped selling it, only if you have already they can sell it as spare...
Replies
Views
We are upgrading a Wonderware Intouch 7.0 SCADA system to Intouch 2014 R2. The current system runs on NT4 and uses wonderwares AB1748KT IO driver...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I've been given a huge task to accomplish, Basically I have to update our old Wintelligent View HMI computers to Wonderware for our...
Replies
Views
I need to use an Advantech 8-ch Relay and 8-ch Isolated Digital Input PCI Card Model PCI-1761 with Twincat PLC. There is any way to do it...
Replies
Views
Dear friend, I am looking for an Analog I/O pci card for computer, I want to have input signal from the field and send anolog output to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom