PLC handbook recommendations???

nsilverman

N
Does anybody out there have a favorite PLC handbook that they could recommend to me? Preferrably more applications based, tricks of the trade type stuff. Everything I can find is more of a textbook style...if this is mainly all that is out there could you recommend a good textbook. Thanks.

Nick

PLC books

There are not many books on the market of the "how to" variety that I have seen. I use Introduction to PLCs by Frank Petruzella. I looked on Amazon and he has a couple of other PLC related books out that I have not seen. I can tell you that he writes like we would. Meaning, he seems to have the working man, plant floor technician or electrician in mind. However, if you are an engineer, you will still get a lot from his work. As a matter of fact, this is a link to the one I use. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...?v=glance&s=books&vi=reader&img=1#reader-link

Last edited:
I received Phil's book three weeks ago and it has been very helpful for newbies like me. I wish I knew the existence of his book before

Once you progress past Phil's book you may like to visit here.
PLC Book
It may not be based on the brand you use but the principals are excellent.
beerchug