PLC Program memory calculation

Anup29

While selecting a PLC , what is thumb rule for program memory calculation?,
Or
How do we select memory size for PLC?

+1 for @spaderkung

Particularly now that some of the PLC vendors are storing the documentation for the program, as well as the actual code, on the PLC. It is *VERY* handy, but it takes MUCH more room than the program!

A PLC will be designed to have enough memory for the programs likely to written for the amount of I/O it can support. So unless you know ahead of time that the program you plan to write will require an unusual amount of memory, any PLC that can handle your I/O will also be able to handle your program.

Similar Topics

Hi All, I have an Omron PLC program which is copied from the memory card. Could you please tell can I open the PLC program using CX programmer or...
Replies
Views
I need to do some research on Mitsubishi PLC program. I want to download original program (made by someone else, I have no source code) and save...
Replies
Views
Can we use a Simotion D455 ethernet port x127 as a gate, to access S7-1500 plc Tia Portal program ? In the Simatic manager, we used Netpro to do...
Replies
Views
Posted this to Reddit with little success, so I figured I would share it here as well. Very new to PLCs, but figured I would give it a shot to...
Replies
Views
I'm a beginner in the automation field and I've set up an automation system connecting several devices (datalogger, radio, etc.) via Modbus RS485...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom