Problem with InTouch upgrade

Bit_Bucket_07

I am migrating some HMI applications from InTouch 10.1 on Win 7 Pro to InTouch 2014 R2 on Win 10 Pro. In one application that uses dual monitors, the numeric keypad is appearing on monitor 1 when it has been opened from monitor 2. Before, it would show the numeric keypad on the monitor from which it was opened. I've checked my INTOUCH.ini file and tried different keypads, but I can't seem to find a fix for it.

Has anyone else encountered this?

So, I guess at least 89 of you haven't yet encountered this particular problem.

Here's another that I encountered. After starting the HistData program, Intouch will not start due to "insufficient memory". Fortunately, this particular application didn't actually use the Historical Data Manager, so all that I had to do was to remove the tags and the access name that was (for some reason?) created in this application. It would be a genuine problem for anyone who actually wanted to use the Historical Data Manager.

Haven't ran into the histdata insufficient memory problem but for the first item, I seem to recall a long long time ago there was an add on function that allows you to place a numeric keypad anywhere on the screen based on entered x,y coordinates.
Also this seems to work but I did not try it on dual monitors. Configure windowviewer to use "resizeable keyboard" and modify the ResizableKeyboardNumXLoc parameter in the intouch.ini file. You will have to script the intouch.ini change before you call the keyboard function.

The popup issue is a windows 10 issue, not intouch. I run Windows 10 on three monitors and it happens with all sorts of programs with popup dialogs. Usually, the popup is always on the primary monitor. If you google there are many threads out there about possible solutions depending on your video driver and/or using something like hydravision.

Last edited: