problem with pc adapter usb a2 in vmware player

dR001

Dear Sir/Ma'am,
I'm having a problem with the pc adapter usb a2(USBA2) in vmware(windows7).I install the USBA2 but i cant select it from the pg interface option in simatic manager v5.5.I can't go online because of this.I want to know how to solve this.
D

Generic USB VMware troubleshooting:
- Have you installed the relevant USB drivers in both the host OS and guest OS?
- Have you installed VMWare tools in the guest OS?

In addition to that:
-Are you connecting the adapter to the VM (Disconnect from host)?
-Can you see the adapter in your VM's hardware manager?
-Which comm port is assigned to it?

Yeah i already install the driver in host and guest os.and i have already installed the vmware tools too.
Im wondering when i set my pg/pc interface it has no pc adapter usb a2 selection,instead ; cp5512(auto) ; cp5512(fwl); cp5512(ppi) ... i think that is supposed to be pc adapter usba2(auto); etc. (wondering how can i attach the photo here.hehe)

but when i open my step7 v5.5 in the host os.there is no problem connecting to plc via mpi(pc adapter usb a2)

Thanks Sir AustralIan,
-D

Last edited:
In addition to that:
-Are you connecting the adapter to the VM (Disconnect from host)?
-Can you see the adapter in your VM's hardware manager?
-Which comm port is assigned to it?
You mean the network adapter? Yeah it is connected by NAT.I dont know if that's correct.
or you mean the serial port?it is in com40

Thanks sir Jeev,
-D

Last edited: