PV1000 Color and PV600 Addressing Differences?

Tharon

I am having a strange Issue with my PV1000 Color. I am using Panelbuilder32 version 03.82.01

I have these two Panelviews. A PV600 and a PV1000 Color. Both are communicating to ControlLogix5000 processors (different ones, two seperate machines).

My PV600 uses Multistate Indicators, with two states, (eg. On/Off). And it accepts BOOL addresses for the Tag Adress.

My PV1000 Color will not accept BOOL addresses for the Tag Adress on the same type of Multistate Indicator. It comes up with a Object/Tag Datatype Mismatch. I can however use BIT and address single bits within arrays or words (eg. PVIEW_FILE[0].0)

Both are using Multistate Indicators with 2 states, and Read set to Single Bit.

Is there a difference in the ways the two Panelviews (PV600 and PV1000 Color) can address things?

Is your Read property set to Single bit Or Least Significant Bit?

If the default indicator had more than 2 states (say 4) and then you deleted all but two, you need to return to the Properties Tab and set the Read property to Single Bit. You can't set the Ready Property To Single Bit until there are only 2 states defined. (I always thought this was kind of backwards).

Yes.

Both are using Multistate Indicators with 2 states, and Read set to Single Bit. It's really strange.

I didn't program either of the Panelviews originally, I'm only adding onto them, and the original programmer of the PV1000 didn't use BOOL for their 2 state, single bit, multistate indicators either. That's why I thought maybe the PV1000 doesn't accept BOOL for it's 2 state, single bit, multistate indicators.

But then again, that'd be a really odd thing for them to change between models.

Norml said:
Doesn't a PanelView 1000 color require RSView Studio to program instead of PanelBuilder32?

Hmm, I don't think so. I have made changes to it using PanelBuilder32, and the original programmer used PB32 as well. But my last changes all dealt with displaying numeric values, and used REAL and INT values, so I didn't run into this Multistate Indicator Issue.

Maybe RSView Studio works better, I don't know though, and I doubt I could convince them to spend money on another program.

EDIT:
And unfortunately, I do not believe I would be allowed to post the programs or screens. Nothing against you guys, I just don't think I'm allowed.

I may, however, be able to write up two quick screens (One for each PV) if I get the time at work, and post them.

Last edited:
Frn

I was creating a quick screen for the PV1000 to try and repeat this odd happening. The only thing was, the new screen worked fine!

Then I check the Catalog and Revision Numbers.

The PV1000 I am having this issue with is:
2711-T10C15 PV1000 Color Touch, FRN 4.00-4.09

The new screen was set to FRN 4.10-4.xx by default, once I changed the new screen over to 4.00-4.09, it had the same issue.

So it looks like this is a FRN issue.

I attached the two test screens I made, they are exactly the same except for the FRN used.

4.00-4.09 does not validate.
4.10-4.xx does validate.

Yes, that's what I'm going to have to do. It will just be a little bit annoying since I'll have to add many lines of useless programming to the PLC to set bits using the bool already existing.

If I just change the datatype to BIT, it does not accept the address, since it's not in bit format. The tag in the processor is "SYSTEM_ON_BIT" and datatype is BOOL. The PB32 program will not validate a BIT tag address that is "SYSTEM_ON_BIT".