Quickie on GX Developer with FX Series

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

I found this the other day and now for the life of me i cant seem to find it again!!

Where do i find the FORCE command in GX while online ?

Another question for you.

I have an FX2N,

Do i need to set the D words to be 32 bit ? Presumably they default at 16 bit.

I see in the reference manual you can have either but it doesnt say how ??

A bit confusing but but 32 bit words are double words and always automatically use 2 contiguous data registers.

To do maths with 32 bit registers the instructions will be prefixed with a 'D'

ie ADD D10 D20 D30 is 16 bit maths meaning add the contents of D10 to D20 and place the result in D30.

32 bit maths would be written like this; DADD D10 D20 D30 meaning add the contents of D10 & D11 to D20 & D21 and place the result in D30 & D31

As the second register is not shown in the program, it is wise to check 'used devices' before using 32 bit maths to make sure that they are not already in use.

Cheers goody

One thing, i am at home now so cant quite remember and havent gx developer here or the manuals.

The way i read it the fx2n didnt have DADD ?

Goody said:
A bit confusing

{RANT ON}

The whole mitsi expierence (software and hardware) is confusing......

I feel i am going back in time and should be using Windows 3.1!

{RANT OFF}

Hi Goody

Here's the bit in the manual that confused me and led me to believe that the DADD instrucion wasnt available on the 2N only the 2C as stated above ?

DADD.jpg

Hey Dave,

Does your scroll (mouse wheel) mouse work in GX developer ladder window?

If not, and you want it to, search the forum for the keyword flywheel.

It is a small program that is freeware that will allow the scroll funtions of the mouse to work in GX developer as well as RSLogix 5000.

It has saved my life!

Marc

Marc said:
Hey Dave,

Does your scroll (mouse wheel) mouse work in GX developer ladder window?

If not, and you want it to, search the forum for the keyword flywheel.

It is a small program that is freeware that will allow the scroll funtions of the mouse to work in GX developer as well as RSLogix 5000.

It has saved my life!

Marc

Thanks Marc

Your right the scrollwheel doesnt work on GX

Its been REALLY ANNOYING

will search now!