Reading CANOpen data in ML1200

Kyle Grathwol

Good Morning Gentlemen,

I am using a CAN to RS232 adaptor to look at CAN data on a bus. Using Hyperterminal, the data scrolls through so fast it is impossible to read. I need to identify 2 strings by moving 2 sensors and watch for a string to change. Does anyone know of a utility that can hold each string static and by moving the sensor, I will be able to see the bits change in the string? Once I can identify the strings that I need to read I can set up a filter in the CAN to RS232 converter. Masking and scaling these strings will be another topic for you all in the future.

Thanks in advance for your help.

What do you mean by moving 2 sensors?

Is this a repeating string that you're trying to read?
Does it have header type info (A normal start/stop sequence of characters?)

I want to move a sensor 1 at a time to see which string has the data from the sensor. I do not know the identifier for the string that contains the data from my sensor. I want to view the string and actuate the sensor and watch the bits change in the string. I cannot do this in Hyperterminal because the strings scroll by too fast. I attached a text document showing the strings.