Recipe function of Programmable Terminal

bebie

Please help me to understand the basic function of recipe and some simple applications.

Recipe is used to update multiple setpoints at a time..
Usually in certain process .. like any farma based batch applications.. same set of equipments are used to produce different output.
For each desired quility of output the set points of process variables are known. If operator changes them one by one there is a chance of improper output.
To avoide such mistakes recipe is used. operator just need to select proper receipe and its done.

Ashish Joshi

Rotary encoder

Thank you very much for your clear answer. Hope its okey if I have question again, I have an omron rotary encoder to be attach as an input to PLC and I want to use it to measure a 1 meter lenght . After this encoder sense its already 1 meter a PLC output bit will energized to give signal for a cutter. How will I know its already 1 meter using 360P/R encoder with its pulse output? I can monitor in PLC the pulses :cool:

You count pulses from the encoder. How many pulses = 1 meter is determined by how the encoder reads the distance.

For instance, if you the encoder is attached to a measuring wheel with a 1 meter circumference, you will get 360 pulses for each 1 meter of movement. If the measuring wheel is 0.5 meter in circumference, you will get 720 pulses (2 revolutions) for each 1 meter of movement.

beerchug

-Eric

ROTARY ENCODER

how about if my rotary is 1000p/r? what about the GEAR that they say, what is the used of it, they say its necesary to know the no of teeth of gear in order to measure the distance.thanks

bebie,

try considering the encoder and the PLC as two different systems and focus only to the PLC side to get your answer.Then do dimentioning in your input board-to correctly dimention it ,you need to know some few things only to correctly calibrate its readings namely, the number of pulses it should receive for a max distance you want it to measure and an initial value when you start measuring. (This needs manual works in the field). I'm not sure with other PLCs but for AB there is no programming needed for this sort of thing.