Reg: Comm. B/w CLX PLCs

natcheappan

Hi Everybody,

i now want to perform the Communication between two CLX Plcs.
also i need to communciate between CLX and SLC Processor.
we are using Ethernet Comm. between PLCs
can you pls suggest me with the method to be followed.
if you can send me any manuals for this, it will be helpful for me.

Regards
Nachi

Hi Everybody,

i now want to perform the Communication between two CLX Plcs.
also i need to communciate between CLX and SLC Processor.
we are using Ethernet Comm. between PLCs
can you pls suggest me with the method to be followed.
if you can send me any manuals for this, it will be helpful for me.

Regards
Nachi
The best way to accomplish comms between the 2 CLX units will be produced/consumed tags.
Read up on produced/consumed tag setup, easy to set it up.
A message instruction will get you going with the SLC.
I'd start with the 2 CLX units, get it done and continue on with the SLC.

I suggest three important user manuals, all of which may be downloaded from the Rockwell Automation Literature website.

Publication ENET-UM001, EtherNet/IP Modules in Logix 5000 Control Systems, describes the basic functionality and configuration of Ethernet modules in ControlLogix-family control systems, including information about Produced/Consumed Tags over Ethernet.

Publication 1756-RM003, Logix 5000 Basic Instruction Set Reference, includes a section describing the use and function of the Message (MSG) instruction in the Logix platform.

Publication 1747-RM001, SLC-500 Instruction Set Reference, includes a section describing the use and function of the Message (MSG) instruction in the SLC-500 platform.