Reset Timer In Micro810 CCW

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to create a timing circuit to compute Instantaneous Pcs/minute.
I usually take 6000 and divide it by the elapsed time between pulses to get Pcs/Minute
I then Reset the Timer for the next pass.
So I am trying to do this with a Micro810, and I can’t figure out how to Reset the Timer.
In RSLogix it is the Reset Bit.
Any suggestions?

ResetTimer.PNG

According to CCW help file. The falling edge of the input stops and resets the timer.

xLockaA.png

Oh.
I don't know how to do that.
I was hoping to start a Timer when the flywheel passed a prox switch, and then the next time it passed it, log the time, and then reset the timer at the same time.
If I could somehow reset the time, I'd be in business.

Rotation.jpg

Just one-shot the prox and use that one-shot to drop the input to the timer AND move the timer accumulated to some location for evaluation.
There's going to be a lot of possible variations on this theme.

what about in structured Text

what about in structured Text and in ST how to reset TON timer ?? the sofware dosen't able to do DELAY.IN:=FALSE or DELAY(FALSE,T#5s)
give this error.

Error 2 LL_DELAY.IN:Illegal access to function block instance parameter

I don't think the OP has been waiting the last five years for a solution.
I'll say...
I should have replied back in the day when I figured it out. (or someone else figured it out for me :site:)
I think I used a Pulsed input.
Anyhow, I think that project has been happily running for about 5 years now.

ScreenSnippet.PNG