Retirement

roadrunner

I've used this site many times over the last 7 or 8 years, and have learned a lot from the folks who contribute here. Many thanks to all of you. I am now looking at retiring from the industrial control field in the coming months.

Over the years, I've collected some hardware and built a PLC trainer in my home. I've received an offer of 10 cents on the dollar for my investment in the hardware. Before I let it go for salvage price, I would like to see if anyone is interested in it for what it was built for. To practice and hone ones skills in the art of machine control.

The trainer consists of a Micrologix 1200, SLC 500/03, and Compact Logic with a Red Lion G308 HMI touch panel. There are a number of extras including cables, manuals, and I/O devices to allow simulation of a wide varity of applications.

If there is any interest in this as a package, I will post pictures and specs, as soon as I figure out how to do that, this is my first post.

Roadrunner,

You can post it in the PLCS.net "Buy/Sell PLCS" section (top of your screen). I am sure there will be some interest.

Hey, retirement is no reason to get rid of this trainer. It would be useful for testing program that are posted here, or writing programs for hire!

Last edited:
Congratulations! I noticed a post count of 2 (including this one) and a join date of 2004. This isn't a bad place to hang out when you retire. Ask Lancie.

bernie_carlton said:
My finances indicate that I will have to work until several years after my death. I'll still post here, of course.
Bernie, I'm on the same boat as you but......
We are both getting the stimulus check in May which means start looking for cruises, vacation spots, plan what to do with the time you'll have since you will be able to retire on the spot once you cash it!!!
Can't wait!

Congrats on the retirement! I've only got oh....31 years to go!

Ain't that the truth...

Haha i wish, I still have 42 years

OK, I plan on working until i'm 85ish

My finances indicate that I will have to work until several years after my death.

Bernie, I'm on the same boat as you...
From the above, I have to say that you young guys need some training in how to manage your money, along with the PLC training.

Lancie's Short Course on How to Retire Early:
1. Stop spending your hard-earned money on junk. It wastes your money, piles up, requires maintenance, storage space, and makes you miserable. Trim your life down to the basics. You will be happier and healthier.

2. Pay off your debts, and start paying cash. No cash-ee, no buy-ee.

3. Pay YOURSELF first. Invest 15% of your earnings. Have it deducted from your paycheck and sent DIRECTLY to a good low-cost stock mutual fund.

4. Be happy.

Last edited:
Lancie1 said:
Lancie's Short Course on How to Retire Early:
1. Stop spending your hard-earned money on junk. It wastes your money, piles up, requires maintenance, storage space, and makes you miserable. Trim your life down to the basics. You will be happier and healthier.

2. Pay off your debts, and start paying cash. No cash-ee, no buy-ee.

3. Pay YOURSELF first. Invest 15% of your earnings. Have it deducted from your paycheck and sent DIRECTLY to a good low-cost stock mutual fund.

4. Be happy.

So I really started to panic... until I got to number 4... got you covered on that one :)

Hey one out of four is not that bad...

Thanks Lancie for the "short course". Now I can retire when I'm 30. ^^
Well, it took me 20 years, so I was age 42 when I retired, but then I am not too bright. If you are a smart guy you might do it by 30 in Singapore where the economy is booming.