Rockwell FTV Print Command from controller

Mr.Smith

Hello All,

I'm running a very basic one display application and I'm having issues with the print command. I can successfully print the display when a bit in the controller goes from 1 to 0 using VBA. However, the printing stops over time. I believe this is a VBA issue, so I've been attempting to print display without using VBA to no success. Anyone have a solution or work around? Thanks

What do you mean printing stops over time?

To fix this, I'd add "LogDiagnosticMessage" commands entering and exiting every function, describing what is happenning. You can look at the log with Windows Event Viewer.

Secondly, I would set the print spooler to "Keep printed documents"... Right click the printer, pick "Printer properties", advanced tab, down the bottom is a checkbox. There, you can see if for some reason the printer is just getting stuck on a document.

Hello rdrast,

Thanks for responding. I have been logging the errors with "LogDiagnosticMessage" and most of the errors are CIP, licencing errors and I believe no graphic set errors. Its definitely not the print because there is nothing in the printer cue.
Over the weekend I restart the application and toggled the bit the programming works flawlessly. Came back two hours later and no response from the application when toggling the bits. Its like it times out or ignores the VBA code after sometime. All the licencing is install and in use when checked.

Have you coded error handling to VBA?

Without line "On Error Resume Next" code is stopped to error.
It won't fix error, but at least code is executed after error