Rockwell Techconnect service contract price increase?

Jasondelane

Lifetime Supporting Member
What has been your experience with year over year price increases on your Tech-connect service contracts? Is it up to the distributor?

30% seems hefty.

Rockwell sets the price.

It's different for End Users and OEM's.

End users price is based on number of controllers...

OEM, Integrator's, and the like are based on number of Engineers.

For end users it is only based on the number of controllers when you have a small amount of controllers. I've only worked for companies that negotiated the price, when you have dozens to hundreds of controllers, then Rockwell's pricing goes to a different tier that is independent of the controller count. It also depends on the software you have. When you have hundreds of licenses, the support cost all changes. Most medium sized install bases (say 10 controllers or more) will get good pricing on new hardware and support as long as the install base is growing (purchasing 3 to 10 new controllers a year.) Rockwell is very open to negotiations.

Yeah, i haven't renewed mine yet, trying to forcast home many rockwell jobs we will be doing this year, and if im willing to roll the dice on software crashes or not.
What a crappy decision to have to make.

No matter what pricing you get, you should ask for better pricing. I have to do this every three years with my distributor and A-B. Every time I ask, I get some kind of discount. The company I work for rarely uses anything more than a license reset, software updates or the knowledgebase. If I have to call someone for support, it is usually through the distributor as they have more field experience than the typical phone support person at Rockwell. I always invite them to check their reports to see exactly how much support we require, which is little to none. The software updates are the only real reason we renew TechConnect.

Same for me, i only use it for updates and version releases.
Except when i get crashes, then i actually need to call rockwell tech support.