RSlinx and compactlogix

eababio

I have rslinx version 2.52 and compact logix version 18..11.
When the rslinx can see the compactlogix backplane through ethernet but i am unable to access the IOs through OPC and Rslinx. Is there a version incompatibility?

The current release of RSLinx Classic is version 2.57. It will include support for all modern controllers and network modules, as well as Electronic Data Sheet (EDS) files for those controllers and modules.

You can probably use RSLinx Classic 2.52 if you install the EDS files for the CompactLogix network module, the CompactLogix system backplane, and the CompactLogix controller itself.

Remember that I/O data tables are not preconfigured in ControlLogix and CompactLogix controllers. You need to define the I/O modules in the controller program, and Module-Defined Tags will be created for them in the Controller Tag Database.