RSLinx Incorrect Status

Aabeck

I just want to know if anyone else has seen something like this before?

Using RSLinx 3.73, RSLogix 9.05PRO and L1747-552 Ser A FRN1, OS501 Ser A FRN 5

This is the only CPU that does this on me - but whenever I connect to it, RSLinx always shows the SLC5/05 as Faulted - whether it is in Run, Remote Run or Remote Program. The PLC has never faulted to cause the line to go down, and I noticed this last year when I worked on it last time.

SLC5-05 Not Faulted.jpg

is this the latest version of RSlinx? i would download a later version (maybe on another machine) and see if issue is the same.

it may simply be a compatibility problem in reporting status, do you have another 5/05 with the same firmware? if so does it have the same status report. i assume the plc is running fine (no minor faults in processor properties), just showing an incorrect status

Last edited:
On my way back today I made sure to take another laptop - on this one the PLC status shows correctly in all states.

Both laptops have RSLinx 3.73 and use the same Ethernet driver setup.

RSLogix 500 (this one has V9 - NOT-Pro) on both connect fine, there are no minor faults in the CPU, and with both laptops connected the one I use most still shows the CPU faulted.

I checked all the 5/05 programs I have archived and this is the oldest one that I connect to - if there was one out there I was planning on going to that shop to hook up to it giving them a "free safety update."

OkiePC,

Just in time. I was about to leave here after lunch - now I will try that before I leave now.

Thanks.

OkiePC,

That was it - thanks again.

Odd of all the 5/05's I connect to, only that one showed that way. Plus I never had a ControlLogix show wrong either.

Deleting the harmony files in Linx in the OT world is fairly similar to rebooting the computer in the IT world. 50% of the time it works every time.