Rslogix 5000 TCP Open socket communciation

kannnithi

I would like to communication with application installation in my printer server via TCP port 5450. i.e ., 71.16.40.200:5450 . How can i write open socket communication via Rslogix MSG CIP generic instruction. i have tried to program this. But i am getting error. Can anybody help with me ACD file or the explanation.

Thanks in advance

Since all AB controllers no longer provide serial communications by default, the TCP socket was added as a default feature. This was necessary unless an additional serial communication card was added. I've been using the TCP feature since the change.

Rockwell provided some sample code for Client and Server. I use the TCP Client for printing to office printers and data transmitting to a server application for data storage. The sample code was stable and effective. The current sample code is provided as an AOI, but the sample I used was a routine import.

I added some automatic timeouts to stop the transmitting and deleting the sockets when no communication can be established such as a printer being turned off or an Ethernet cable is disconnected. I also added a delay timer to slow the output transmission of each print buffer line (default 250ms per line). This works well when printing to kiosk serial printers through a device server.