Rslogix add-on passing array problem

aradhonline

Though i was working with add-ons for a lot of times recently i am stuck in a simple proble.

I have a TAG READ_DATA[502]-INT ARRAY R/W

I am using add-ons to process these tags 25 at a time(25 tags in series). Hoping i will pass the array index + this Full data and process stuffs inside.

Problem is that its not happening. I passed the array tag as InOut parameter still there is no use.Inside the Add-one when i use the variable as Parameter[index] it is showing ?? marks..and Argument not specified.

Any workarounds or any other ways of doing this ???

Please help.

I have the same problem. I have a communication card that is configured as 1756-MODULE, so it has arrays of 250 INTs in and 250 INTs out that I would like to be able to directly access segments off within an AOI. But the AOI will only allow matching data types to be passed, so I'd have to send the entire in and out arrays for the module, then pass the index for each specific AOI as a separate input. This seems like a bit of a kludge to me.

For another application we created UDT's for each remote device on the 1756-MODULE which was very nice because the logic became self-documenting. It would be very slick if there was a way to do type-casting in CLx so that we wouldn't need to programmatically copy the values from the module to the UDT with a COP instruction and could instead alias the UDT directly to the segment of integers on the module. That would also solve my dilema above.

Anybody know if there is a way to accomplish type-casting (or equivalent) in CLx?

Last edited: