RSLogix500 Output will not energize

Ian K

Hello,
I'm new to programming. I'm using RSLogix500 to modify an existing program for a SLC500. My plan was to use one of the existing inputs to trigger a new output. The new output I added doesn't become energized even when the rung appears to be true. I am able to Force the output on but for some reason the program isn't doing it. I've read as many posts as I could find on this issue and I couldn't find anything. This output(OTL) is only being used in one place (LAD 13). I tried to attach the .RSS file to this post but it's telling me that it's an invalid file type. I'd be happy to share the file with anybody that thinks they can help, just ask.

Thanks
Ian

Does the light corresponding comes on in the output module.?
Is the routine enable.?
You can send me a PM with your email, then you can send me your program, I can try help you.

put the .RSS file in a .ZIP archive:
1) Right click the .RSS file
2) In the popup that appears, move and hold cursor over the [Send to >] button.
3) In the next popup that appears, click the [Compressed (zipped) folder] button.
4) Optionally rename the resulting .ZIP file.
5) Attach the .ZIP file to a post here.

Right-click on the OTL instruction and select Toggle. If you can toggle the bit on and off, then logic is not writing to the tag. If you toggle it and nothing happens, then logic is overwriting the toggle and we have to find that logic.

The easiest way to find that logic is to enable Cross Reference. Rick click in an empty space in the ladder logic window and select Properties.
Then from the Address Display tab, select the check box for Display Cross Reference for Outputs on Rung and then click OK.

If you see a yellow field displayed underneath that OTL it will show the File and Rung Number (for example 2:13) where that output is being affected. Click on that number and it will jump to that location.

If two output instructions try to use the same address, the last one to be scanned overwrites the previous one. Now for an OTL, that is normal. There will typically be an OTU that is used to turn off that address.

OG

Is the unwind feedback from the drive, as scaled in F13:3, less than 800? If not, the output will always be turned off by rung 0009 regardless of your jog PB. Same if stop PB or e-stop relay inputs are on -- even if your input turns on the output bit in rung 8, rung 9 will just turn it off again.