S7-1200 and adding Ethernet device for UDP data transfer

marko18

Hello all,

I am working on a project utilizing an s7-1200 cpu and Tia Portal v17. I currently have an external PCB with some sensors on it (and ethernet) that has been programmed by a colleague to send sensor data to the s7-1200 via UDP protocol.

I don't have much experience with networking and I am wondering how to add this device to my tia portal project and get it set up with the plc to begin communicating. I have read up on UDP protocol communication and I will be utilizing the Siemens TRCV_C command to receive data from this PCB device.

I know the device's IP address but I can't figure out how to actually add the device into my project. I've tried going to Devices and Networks and adding a new S7 connection to the PLC and adding the IP address, but I don't think that's the right way. When I try that, the Interface and Endpoint are both Unspecified.

Any tips? Thanks