S7-1500 to S7-1200 comms

Hi

So the best way is use TSEND/TRECV and also I-Device for 'critical bools'. I cannot see how to use I-Device for reals

I dont have any hardware yet but i may try to simulate 1xmaster and 1xslave if i get the chance over the holiday to get this started /cleared up in my mind

Thanks

When you set up the transfer area, it defaults to the size "1 Byte", but you can change that to as big as you want, say "100 Bytes".

Then just move the your Reals into the IO area.

That is true if DB blocks are non optimized.
Is Tsend / trecv possible if CPU projects are on different files?

It definitely is. Tsend/Trcv are raw TCP communication, you can even talk to things that aren't PLCs at all. You need to set the connection up in a DB though, if it's outside the project, instead of drawing the connection in the network.