Saint Charles / DuPage County Illinois

CaseyK said:
Now I live in the cornfields. Head west on I-88 until you get to I-39, then head south 40+ miles just past I-80

I'm pre-Columbian and thought the earth ended at Rochelle . . .

When we'd drive down I-39 to Springfield to the State Fair, my kids called the truck stop(s) in Rochelle (just north of 88) "civilization oasis".

You do make a long daily hike.

Dan

I am working on Motor Control Centers. Overall, not to bad, pretty basic, pay is a little light, but then, the work isn't hard. The software I use is touchy, and there is NO DOCUMENTATION. Haven't seen a PLC in the 9 weeks that I have been here.

But, Bigger and Better things may be on the horizon.

Civilization Oasis, now thats agood one. Before I-39, the only N-S hiway was Rt 51, now 251, about 3 miles west. It went through all the small towns, and if you travelled it, you could actually see people.

Batavia, the FERMI LAB, I have seen it glow in the dark!

I take I-88 sometimes between RT 47 and Farnsworth. The two days after Thanksgiving was bad.

The drive is 74 miles, up to 90 if I take a short cut. The locomotive plant in Lagrange was 88, but 15-30 minutes quicker, with all but 3 miles being 4 lane. And they are tugging at my "shirtsleeve" so time will tell (a week or so).

Where I live, there are lots of jobs! Most people have 2 or 3 of them.

I have used Promise*E some, and OKAY< it isn't too bad.

Take care, and bestest regards.....kck