SCADA Citect - Creating Genie

Tim.K

Hi all,

I am very new to Citect, and trying to make my own Genie.

What I have done:
Create my object and assign function -> On when " %Run_Status% = 1.
Made my own equipment type.
Under items, tag names are all -> {equipment.TAGPREFIX}_Run_Status or etc
Linked a Genie into Equipment type.
Under Genie Properties, Run_Status = {equipment.TAGPREFIX}_Run_Status
When I paste Genie on the graphic builder, it gives me an error "Operand Expected."
In Graphic Builder, {equipment.TAGPREFIX} does not transfer into my actual prefix, it stays how it is.

Anyone knows how to transfer {equipment.TAGPREFIX} into actual prefix?

Thanks!

Not 100% sure but "Run_Status = {equipment.TAGPREFIX}_Run_Status" probably needs something like:

Run_Status = {equipment.TAGPREFIX} + "_Run_Status"

This is the format I used for a genie

mnpr%nwp%_diff_volts

%nwp% is number of the unit i pasting on the screen
When you paste the genie you will be prompted to fill
in a value.

final is = mnpr123_diff_volts

I have no idea what you are talking about, but when I saw the word "genie", I thought of that genie game, where the guy can guess any celebrity, athlete, or character you are thinking of.