Scale help !!

joeysavoie

I have a Omega Scale controller that we just purchased. It has an Ethernet connection. It is the CNi852-C3EIT. I need to connect it to my Controllogix PLC to read the weight output. Can someone direct me in the right direction to accomplish this?

Do you have a link to the manual for the scale? I did a quick search but only came back with this post. I haven't worked with their scales myself but I'm sure someone here probably has.

For me I've always used the analog signal from all of our scales. If you have kepware (or something like it) you could link the two tags if you can find out the address of the data you need. You may be able to directly connect them but I'm not sure myself without seeing more info on the scale.

Don't bother with Modbus unless you already using it elsewhere.
You have Ethernet. That is the way to go.

Just be forewarned that this will be a HUGE PITA.
Scale manufacturers are still 20yrs behind in how user friendly the technology is.

You need to call OMEGA and ask for specific RSLogix IO Configuration instructions for this Ethernet device.

After that keep calling Omega till you get things set up and working.

This is the Communications Manual you need.
I set up a Metler Scale like this and it sucked.
http://www.omega.com/Manuals/manualpdf/M5023.pdf