Scrap reduction at end of machine clean out process

Why, for the love of robot control, is the robot going through a pick cycle if you have a sensor on the conveyor that says the conveyor DOESN'T have a cup there? That seems silly.

I now fully understand why you want to even out the contents of the conveyors. you are picking from two conveyors in a single cycle. And I agree you should target this. But this should be a runtime optimization problem, not a scrap problem. Why is the robot not simply waiting for the second cup?

By the way, I COMPLETELY misunderstood what was meant by "machine clean-out". This was referring to the outfeed end of the supply conveyor, not items left over after an order.

Keith

I'm confused, You said in an earlier post that the robot picks up two cups but now you are saying if there are 50 on one conveyor and only 10 on another one then 40 cups get scrapped are you saying the robot picks up two lanes at a time but one of those to lines may only have 10 ?
We really need a better description
like on lanes 1 & 2 50 cups enter each lane then the robot picks up all cups on the two lanes etc.
Or x cups enter a lane and the robot picks up two cups from each lane
Your description is very muddled you will find it difficult to post a vid here as there are limits on size & types of files most people post a link to a vid that is accessible.

what does robot 1 do if there are no cups, either in lane 1 or in lane 2? Does it go through the motions of picking up cups, but without the cups of course, and then dropping nothing to the scrap bin?

are robot 2's action independent of robot 1's state, and vice versa, other than that they are fed from the same main conveyor?

what should the diverters do if there are 50 cups in lane 1, 50 in lane 2, 80 in lane 3, 80 in lane 4, and another cup shows up at any diverter?

Last edited:
The cups on left lanes are inverted( lids facing down) and packaged as nested to fit our cartons.