Screen dimming, system setting

alanyap

Hey guys, have you guys came across this type of stuffs for TP1200 comfort touch panel, using siemens TIA portal v12?

I've a request from my client so that i could provide these features,

1)Screen dimming
2)Operating system mode

i tried to search but it seems not much lead, is there any possible way to do it?

please advice..
Thanks!!

The TP1200 runs on WinCE.

You can access WinCE in several ways:

1: On boot of screen, you will have a few seconds to access the Control Panel, put the TP in Transfer mode, or Start the project.
2: By exiting the Runtime.

Exiting the Runtime can be done remotely (if configured) or by adding a button in the project with the function: Exit Runtime.

The button with Exit Runtime solves your second question.
To solve the first, you will need to access the Control Panel, then the Screensaver options. (it' the icon of a little screen with the letters SCR in it)
Among these options is the option to Dim the Backlight after x minutes of inaction.

There is a SetBrightness system function on the Comfort panels. The screens can also be set to automatically dim if idle, like a screensaver.

What did you mean by the customer wanting the operating system mode?

actually the case is like this,
it is request by client that, is it possible that provide a function that user can go to windows mode during runtime?

The screen brightness is done, there is function inside the Tia portal where user can input the brightness level of the screen.

There is a system function called either ExitRuntime or StopRuntime (I don't have the software in front of me at the moment), that stops the runtime and sends them back to the system launcher. From there, they can do whatever they need to do, and then restart the HMI Runtime to return to normal.