self documenting control system

Charbel

Dear,

consultant is askign for a self documenting control system to provide hard copy for the record of configuration changes. However, the supplier is supplying RFC 470 controller from phoenix and stating that this feature is not available.

is anything can be added to have this feature? is it really needed from operation point of view?

thanks for your feebacks.

My first step would be to ask the consultant what brand and model he intended to use. I personally haven't heard of such a system. Perhaps he would be satisfied with some document control software.

the software to program the controller is important here, as a start make a file of the software, and if anything changed make a report of it, very difficult to automate it.
however there is software available to check if changes are made, but impossible to check what in the software as for this you need version control.