Siemens blockmove

Ranjith

Could some one please tell me how to copy an entire data block to another in Step 7. I used SFC 20 in the ladder compiled and downloaded to CPU. but it did not copy the contents.

Hello Ranjith;

SFC20 "BLKMOV" is a standard way of transfering blocks of data from one location to another with Step 7. It works, and it is simple to use, if you understand ANY pointers for Source and Destination areas.

Could you please post the code you are using, we may find the source of the problem by examining it.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Here's an example of SFC20 in use. DB1 and DB2 are both 64 bytes long. Note that if SFC20 fails, the return value will be non-zero and will indicate what is wrong.

view11.JPG

Similar Topics

Hi, First time user of S5 Siemens. Is there any solution on how to solve this kind of error. HMI OP7 $613 DB-error No. 11 (0: 15) Siemens PLC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an issue where I want to simulate an Siemens HMI panel, through NAT connection to a PLC. I have the possibility through extended...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Please inform me if i can make programing of the HMI SIEMENS IPC477D from TIA Portal software or not? I do not have WINCC software but...
Replies
Views
I have never had the pleasure of working with a "Thermistor" until now and have a question. The Thermistor is a 10KOhm 4-20mA 2-wire device and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a CPU 317-2DP Firmware Version V2.1.8. In TIA Portal only V2.6 is available, and there is no option to upgrade FW. Then I open it...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom