Siemens S7-315F-2 safety programming addressing?

dreamer12

Hey folks,

It's my first time doing any STEP7 programming and I'm working on a safety program in this control system.

I think I understand the functionality behind the safety program in STEP7 itself, but I'm a little confused about memory addressing.

In the safety program the system looks at its safety inputs (obvs mapped to Ix.x etc.) - I also wish to integrate some HMI buttons into the routine.

Do I need to map these HMI buttons to a particular memory range (or directly into safety Data Block memory) for it to be considered safe, or is any memory address (e.g. M1000.1) sufficient so long as it's used in the safety program?

Thanks!

It is possible to map HMI inputs as IO. However, just copying them into the safety program doesn't make them safe inputs. Be very careful how you do this. Definitely do not try to write to safety data blocks in the HMI, that will cause a safety error.

Look into the ACK_OP block as one way to do this, but it is only intended for acknowledgment signals, not to toggle a bypass or anything like that.

What are you trying to do?