siemens Step 5 programme reloading

kareemmm

Dear friends
can u telL me the steps of how reloading programme of SIEMENS STEP 5 PROGRAMME of 115U processor using Siemens SIMATIC FIELD PG ,IT HAVE ALL THE PROGRAMME .WHEN I ONNECT TO PLC ,I DIDN'T GET THE 'ONLINE'ALWAYS SHOW OFFLINE
REGARDS
KAREEM

Hi,

Assuming you have the correct cable, using the correct port on the Field PG: Did you plug the cable in the S1 port of the CPU? (won't work otherwise)
Make sure the communication protocol is set correctly. This would be AS511.
Does it give you the: PLC timed out - Error ??

More info, we need more info..;-)

Jeebs

1. Make sure the PLC is powered up
  2. Make sure the right cable is connected
  3. Start up Step 5.
Normally the software should now detect the PLC is online. If you follow this procedure in this sequence and the software states the PLC is offline then there's something wrong with the cable or the programming port of the PLC.

Kind regards,

jvdcande said:
  1. Make sure the PLC is powered up
  2. Make sure the right cable is connected
  3. Start up Step 5.
Normally the software should now detect the PLC is online. If you follow this procedure in this sequence and the software states the PLC is offline then there's something wrong with the cable or the programming port of the PLC.

Kind regards,

This is not entirely true.
Start Step5 > Go to Projects > Set.
My version gives me 8 tabs, of which 7 is used. It will automatically show Tab 1: PLC, this is where you can set the interface and the online/offline mode.
Upon entering this 'window' and the status is online, hit F3, hit Enter, hit shift+F4, wait for message, hit enter, hit enter again.
Start Step5 again and you will find it will show mode as Offline.

Note: Step5 is DOS based, like to use k-board only as it works way faster.

Jeebs