Siemens

Indiaum

Hi ppl.

First of all, sorry about my poor english and thank you for all the help you provide here.

I`m having a little problem, i need to find out wich Siemens products offers the same functionality as FactoryTalk View Studio from Rockwell Automation does.

I`m kind lost since i can`t figure out the differences from SIMATIC, WinCC, WinCC Flex, etc.

I`ll have to work with Siemens PLCs and SLC5/05 via Ethernet using drivers.

Once again, sorry about my english and thank you for your attention.

If you need to setup a small application of a single or a few HMI PCs, then WinCC Flexible could be the best match. You need WinCC Flexible Advanced to make the application. The application will run as a socalled WinCC Flexible PC Runtime.
Notice that there is a limitation of max 8 connections with WinCC Flex RT.
Fortunately one OPC server connected to many PLCs counts as one connection. So if you get RSLinx OEM as the OPC server for the SLC5/05 PLCs, it will only count as one connection.

If you need a lot more PCs, maybe in a server/client architecture, then the full WinCC (not WinCC Flexible) will be better match. It is not cheap though !

Tell us more, and we can help you more.