Simatic OP177B - weird situation

vlad.colesnic

Dear friends,

I am writting to you because I ran into a very weird situation from which I cannot see a logical get away.

It is all about an OP177B Touch Screen Siemens operating panel Profibus connected to a S7-300 PLC.

I was working on this bench and it had a stable software version (PLC and OP).
I wanted to do an upgrade on the OP adding two new pages and about 20 variables and 2 text lists. I did the upgrade and i downloaded it to the panel. After the panel rebooted the system I saw a strange thing. I display the pages using a PLC variable. When I wanted to display the 'Manual' page the panel blocked displaying the hourglass.

Another strange thing that I observed was that all the messages and message's pages (service or allarm messeges) weren't displayed.

Hm. an error in the program I said. I double checked my modification, nothing seemed to be wrong. When I tried to redownload the project to the panel, another strange thing: before transfering the files, the panel is always displaying 'Please wait until runtime has been terminated' but in my case the runtime couldn't be stopped. After some time i received a message: keep waiting or terminate now, and only in this way I managed to redownload the project. Anyway, the problem was still there.:eek:

Seeing that the problem persists, I downloaded the old software (the stable one, before my modifications). The same result - damn it.:mad:

I also unplugged the power supply cable of the panel. - nothing changed :((((.;)

And now comes the bomb. The final solution that could solve the problem was to reinstall the operating system. I used the option 'update operating system' from WinCC flexible. After the system was ready, very happy I downloaded the old version of the project (the stable one). The hourglass is still smiling at me.:sick:

Thats it. I am changing my job. I want to become a painter. Enough with all this stress.

Does anyone has an idea? Is there anyway that I can fully format the OP and reinstall the OS from the beggining?

I use Simatic WinCC flexible version 2007 release V1.2.0.0_1.55.0.1

Thanks in advance,
Vlad

The message "could not stop the runtime so far" is normal for the situation when the panel doesnt have contact to its configured PLC. It waits for terminating an online connection that isn't there.

I would remove the PLC controlled screen navigation as a test to see if it gets your panel more stable.

Have you tried "rebuild all" ?

So, I tried all the posibilities, installing HF2 and HF4. No chance, the problem persisted. Finally I managed to solve the problem with the help of Siemens who sent me the next patch. At the first glance, it seems that this patch has nothing to do with my problem as it is described for solving some compilation warnings but it really worked for my problem.

Thank you so much for your help.

Vlad

So, I tried all the posibilities, installing HF2 and HF4. No chance, the problem persisted. Finally I managed to solve the problem with the help of Siemens who sent me the next patch. At the first glance, it seems that this patch has nothing to do with my problem as it is described for solving some compilation warnings but it really worked for my problem.

Thank you so much for your help.

Vlad
Hi Vlad,
I have now the same problem as you had. I tried to install this register-file and deleted first the two tasks. But what is meant by Options -> Delete Temporary Files -> Generate
Which Temporary Files do I have to delete?
Thanks for your help.