Slc 100 Not holding program

Daniel Peck

I know its old but we are using them in a High school for basic traning. I have one that will not hold a program in memory after unplugging the unit it has nothing left in memeory. What do I need to check out for the problem.

Thanks
Daniel Peck:unsure:

There's a lithium battery inside that is probably toast.

Also, there's an EEPROM option (p/n 1745-M1) that will allow it to keep the program even with a failed battery.

SLC100_BATT.jpg

Last edited:
It has a eeprom Which I down loaded to and it runs, when unplugged and plugged back in it is lost.... I think the eeprom is bad.. Anyone else had this problem......

For a SLC-150, you must add logic in your program in order to ensure that it is loaded when you power up the unit. Rung 1 should be a an unconditional coil with address 864. According to the manual, the SLC-100 should do this automatically unless the EEPROM has an access code.

I have 3 of these in the shop. and this one has the only problem. I am going to switch out the EEprom tonight and see if that works... Might be a bad EEprom.