slc 5/05 firmware upgrade

5james77

Hello all! I am trying to upgrade the firmware on a 1747-L553. I can get it back to factory. But I can't get my computer to talk to it over the Ethernet? Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? After I reset to factory settings then I have to download to it. But when I do I loose my rs232 connection and I cant find it using the ether net. What am I doing wrong or missing?

Do you have a fault on the processor itself? Also you are talking about using the ethernet driver under RSlinx and not ethernet-IP correct?

I just know with those processors you have to use the ethernet driver and not the ethernet-IP otherwise you get faults and communication errors mid-town load. So you could be getting an error while your downloading your new firmware. Or downloading job you were putting back in after your factory reset. I've only been messing with PLC's for less than a year. So if your already aware of these issues and it's definitely not that I apologize. I just figured I would mention it for sake of knowledge to anyone else reading.

We're you able to talk to it via ethernet before the upgrade or reset. If you reset it I'm assuming that means the IP address has changed so therefore whatever Ur laptops IP address needs to match. Except the last octet of course

Well then try using RSlinx with rs232 and configure the ethernet IP address to match your laptops IP address. All except the last number. Those have to be different

And your right my phone brought up the wrong processor. I apologize for that confusion. There are numerous settings you have to change when you click on the controller properties under RSlinx. For example check box Bootp enable needs a check