SLC 503 comm using 485-232 cable.

I want to download SLC 503 using DH485 port but I did not have 1784-PCMK card and cable. I could not use com port of processor because it is used for panel view1000. Is it possible I connect using 485-232 coverter(CT com cable used for UNI SP drive control techniques). My PC has com port. Which driver I need to configure in RsLinx?

Muhammad Ali

The Unidrive interface will not work, as it is not a protocol converter, just an electrical interface.

If your computer has a built-in serial port and you are running Windows XP, you have the possibility of using the "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver in RSLinx Classic and using a physical 1747-PIC or 1761-NET-AIC device.

If you do not have a built-in serial port, you must use a dedicated-purpose USB to DH485 interface. Rockwell Automation sells this as a 1747-UIC.

There are third-party versions of the 1747-UIC available as well. I do not have experience with that specific unit but used the DF1/General Purpose one yesterday and it worked very well.

Why not just disconnect the PV temporally to download your program?

Whats the complete catalog number of your PV?

slc 503 communication on 485

[FONT=&quot]Dear Micky,
Cat# 2711-T10G9.Although PV is connected on DB9 port but it works on DH+ protocol. In program controller communication is also defined at DH+. I disconnect the PV ,change the controller communication to Df1 ,I am able to download using 1747-cp3 cable. But later my processor does not go to run mode. It shows FLT.I am unable to go online with processor to change the controller communication back to DH+.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dear Micky,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cat# 2711-T10G9.Although PV is connected on DB9 port but it works on DH+ protocol. In program controller communication is also defined at DH+. I disconnect the PV ,change the controller communication to Df1 ,I am able to download using 1747-cp3 cable. But later my processor does not go to run mode. It shows FLT.I am unable to go online with processor to change the controller communication back to DH+.[/FONT]

I can guarantee you aren't using DH+ Protocol to your SLC5/03. It doesn't support it, and DH+ is not a Serial Protocol. It is much more likely you are using DH-485 over RS-232 as the PanelView Part Number you have given indicates. (RS-232 (DH-485) Communication and RS-232 Printer Port). You can set up RSLinx to support this Protocol, and use your 1747-CP3 Cable. If your PLC is Faulting after you download your Program, there is an issue with the Program you are Downloading.

Stu....