Step 7 840Dsl PLC Upload

PortmanBlue

Hi, I am experiencing difficulties uploading from a 317-2DP which is part of a 840Dsl system. I receive an unknown CPU type error, I have STEP7 V5.4 SP4 installed and have updated the hardware catalogue. I have been advised that this is a security measure put in place by the manufacturer.

I have been able to access the PLC via Accessible Nodes and as a result have managed to download the FC block I need to. I now need to add two WAGO modules to the PROFIBUS network but cannot access the Hardware Catalogue to do this.

Would anyone be able to advise how I can go about making the required change to the PROFIBUS network? Is there is an add-on package or update to STEP7 that I require or do I need the manufacturer to make this modification to the PROFIBUS network for me?

You need to have the CNC toolkit option for Step 7installed (I think that is what it is called).
It is in the Siemens CNC catalog.

Can you see the CPU 317-2DP in your hardware catalog (exact part number should match). I think you need a catalog update. That can be done by copying HW-Update folder, or through web.

Rahul
www.voltsmith.com

I disagree with VoltSmith.
If the PLC is built in to the 840D cnc controller, you need "Simatic Step 7 for Sinumerik hardware"