Step 9? Is there a new Siemens Software coming out?

I'm already using version 1.7 of the beta so I'm not sure where Olof's information has come from. :unsure:

Mine came in the post from Germany - no links I'm afraid.

My version is only enabled for ladder editing as STL seems to have been removed. Ladder elements have been added for multi-dimensional array handling, indirect addressing and case statements. OB1000 has been added to support two completely independant programs running on the same CPU.
M flags have been doubled so N flags are now available. S5 timers/counters have been removed, IEC timers/counters are now built in instructions rather than having to use SFB's

My version is only enabled for ladder editing as STL seems to have been removed.
I think there is no change in STL concept in Step9, hence not available for testing !!

OB1000 has been added to support two completely independant programs running on the same CPU. M flags have been doubled so N flags are now available. S5 timers/counters have been removed, IEC timers/counters are now built in instructions rather than having to use SFB's
This is welcome

Last edited:
I'm not sure where Olof's information has come from. :unsure:

I think Herr Frits Forilpa gave Olof Ripal a hard time.... so this is pay back.

Do know how many phone calls Siemens (Frits) will be getting, I would think a few thousand from this thread over the next 20 years :)

I'm not sure how it works in the rest of the world, but just sit down and think. What date is it today........?

Hello, it is me again. I have some more news.

If you call Siemens Atlanta, and ask for ms. Abril Primero, she will send the beta version to you.
They should accept your calls all of today.

It also seems that if everything goes well, Siemens will hand out copies of STEP9 on the Hannover messe.
The first 100 who ask will get the software - and it is not a beta version.
You just have to ask for the free STEP9 software.

Hello forum members !

It seems that Siemens has gone and done it. STEP9 is really on the way. They are working on the final version right now, just in time for the Hannover Messe !
Rumors have it, Siemens is seeking betatesters for the new STEP9 programming software.
If you call Siemens Germany, and ask for Herr Frits Forilpa, he will send you a beta version 1.4 of STEP9. That offer is only valid today !
I shall be glad if someone can use this.

Tjüss.

I will phone him on the first of april 2010

I sussed that Olof was up to no good. It's just that Simon has always been on a bit of a pillar in my eyes. What he says - goes. Although I did think it would be very strange to have 2 programs running at the same time in a PLC.... ;-)

PS. You do realise now... when the real Step 9 does get released by Siemens everyone is going to ignore them cos they'll think its a joke!