Stratix 8000

Bolatov

Hello Guys

I had to reset a stratix 8000 to its defaults, but now it haves an alarm a port is flashing brown/green the message it has is not forwarding. According to the manual is faulty link.

However everything seems fine on my PLC projects. Since the line is in shutdown I dont know if everything will work correctly untill the line starts.

If i disable the port I got several nodes down and i have I/O faults on my project tree.

Is this a several problem? How could i resolve it if I dont know the original configuration?

Thanks for your help

stratix.jpg

Well if it does cause any problems, you could probably take an unmanaged switch to get your line back going until you figure out all the rates for the various ports.

I would guess these ports are uplinks to a distribution switch and these were configured as trunk. Basically you need to know network architecture to configure these correctly, including spanning tree protocol, native VLAN etc.
Unless you have old config that you can post here nobody knows what settings to apply to these.
Managed switch must be managed, it can’t be left as-is after reset.
I am curious why did you think that it required a complete reset?

I went and review the topology and check it against installation, found out that the cable was connected to another switch.

Reading the manual I found out that in this scenario you should set it up as an automation switch and everything worked correctly

It's probably BPDU guard blocking it. This often happens when you connect two managed switch and didn't set the port correctly.

BPDU is sent from managed switch to detect a loop when it's expecting a device on a port then see a BPDU coming it's going to think someone is attempting to fake a switch.

This is very good explanation:

https://networklessons.com/spanning-tree/spanning-tree-bpduguard