Stratix 8000 Doesn't seem to get past powerup

Cyantology

Hey,

I have a Stratix 8000 which have factory reset. When I power it on now the EIP Mod light flashes for about 10 seconds. Then all the status lights light up, turn off, and the EIP mod light starts to flash fast and nothing happens after that.

Has anyone seen this before? and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

So it seems like the switch is actually getting stuck in its POST test. The switch does not show a fail, it just stays in the POST test.

You need to press reset and hold for some time during power on. As soon as the eip mode flashes, you need to release the reset button and allow it to initialize.. If nothing happens you need to repeat the procedure until it initialize properly.. This procedure is in the manual.. Just follow what is written there.. Goodluck...

I had a problem with one switch that when I changed certain settings it would put it into manual boot by setting a line in the config.text "
Manual Boot: yes"
Had to go online with the setup cable using Putty and edit that line to "no" and then type in the command "Boot"

This one got away on me and i forgot to come back to this post. We ended up just popping in a spare stratix we had.

I have tried reSeating the the CF, i have tried factory resetting the stratix multiple times, i have used a known good CF card but still none of those things managed to get the stratix pasted the POST test. I also tried letting it have roughly 24 hoursof sitting in the POST test but still nothing.

im starting to think the stratix is FUBAR'd