Stuck in MX trying to get a TSXPBY100 to work with a DP/DP Coupler

jstolaruk

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone got some advance experience with TSXPBY100 & Sycon s/w? I can't find a way to get it to configure a DP/DP coupler. I got an inquiry in at Schneider-Electric but they say I won't hear anything until their techies look it over in France. Anything comments is appreciated.

Hello jstolaruk;
Basically, the procedure should be as simple as inserting the GSD file of the DP/DP coupler inside Sycon, and then adding one coupler to your DP configuration.
The GSD file you need can be found on this Siemens support site:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/7796320
If this does not help, please describe in more details what you have done, what you have tried to do and what is still unclear to you.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Two of the three DP/Dp couplers I am using is in my panel (the third is in another and was configured by the other machine, I just set my slave configuration to match, works fine). We also have a configurable Festo valve that doesn't want to work either though I have had it working in the past. I attached a JPG screenshot that may be of some help. I shows the slave diagnostic data for one of the DP couplers. Thanks in advance.

IMAGE1.jpg

Basically, the non-working slaves are of the configurable type and are requesting a configuration. The documentation I have indicates the TSXPBY100 is a master type 1 and that it supports slave configuration. So what triggers the master to download configuration parameters to slaves? There was a issue with Sycon v2.8 and we had to upgrade to v2.9 to get the Festo valve communicating but that has failed again. Very strange. Here is the Sycon screenshot

image8.jpg

I swear, I've had more problems with corrupt or messed-up .GS* files that I can count but it seems primarily to do with the DP/DP coupler. I don't know if they get editted for just a sub-set of allowable settings or what. From here on out, I won't trust anything given to me and I'll download it myself from the mfg website. Thanks for any help offered.