STUDENTS ATTENTION -- from a student

FOLLOWUP

FIRST

Thanks for help with AB XIO and XIC instructions. They do seem to be convoluted logic to me. The good side is that several have said that it is confusing to them which makes me feel less dumb.

Many thanks Ron Beaufort for referring to your Jul 2002 post it helped.

If any of you want the initial post (ATTN STUDENTS) to stay up front then we gotta go to Melrose don't we??

Regarding the desires for
1. Another flip flop question. I have a lab setup that has flip flop in it. Will set that up see what it does get confused then ask my dumb questions BUT I am a student and students are entitled to ask dumb (ignorant) questions. IN MEANTIME just for humor is the flip flop circuit designed for teeter totters (which seem to be outlawed in playgrounds)
2. If you need me to I will dream up some dumb
"Unitary, Modular, or Rack mounted" question.

Dan Bentler

2. If you need me to I will dream up some dumb "Unitary, Modular, or Rack mounted" question.

Thanks for the warning.

This will give some of our "Better" ranters opportunity to polish up a choice comment or two.

Be sure to "sign in" as a guest, and don't forget to DEMAND that we write your code.

If fact, if you word the question right, I can post it as a "POLL".

I haven't posted a poll in at least a week, and I'm starting to go through withdrawls.

and thanks again, Dan.

best regards.....casey

Last edited:
Bring foward

Saw a couple threads where people have jumped on those students.

Thought if this was on the "front page" it may help with conflagrations.

ALSO
Casey instructor says I am graduating to the SLC. Its allen bradley but I dont remember model number. SOooo I'm gonna be cooking up some modular questions for ya.

ALSO
Am opening up the Sequencer can of worms. Any bugaboos to watch out for?

Dan Bentler

Now we'll probably have several Unitary-Modular-Rack questions.
I posted this on 1/13/05, and didn't see the first question until 2/2/05.

DAN:

I have forgotten more about AB SLC'S then I'll ever remember, or even learned. Good thing we have Ken and a lot of other AB people out there.

Sequencers, those I like, I don't know why.

regards.....casey

Dan....

Only because you said you were "stand(ing?) by for questions"

I'm almost afraid to ask...

What did you learn in the Men's Room????

Lernin

I meant for Casey and you guys to stand by for questions on SLC.

Last week learned where mens room was.
Old dog lerning new tricks but takes a little time
Education on internals is next week.

Shrubbery real handy. Old dog got that one down pat

Dan

forget me?

Hey dont forget me guys :( I posted a question and showed what I had so far and was given several great ideas and leads but not the answer and I worked it out : ). You guys rock. PS I am only an AS student ...so far.

?

What is that supposed to mean Terry? I had nothing but good intentions. I guess I dont understand your comment? If you mean what I think it is because I had gotten some good feedback and direction and I needed no more guidance, in other words I had enough to continue trying new ideas and finally got it on my own. Is that what you meant??

Regards, Bryan

Terry:

I've got two assignments for Dan.

First, how does the little can with no wires on the gizmo in the little room down the hall know when to flus, and how does it do it without wires? Hydro-electric? power.

Second, what goes down the hole faster, MGD, or that "rice" stuph?

regards.....casey

PS Dan: Little room down the hall should be second, AFTER the coffee pot.

All I remember about traffic lights was a very large drafting board. It was all relay logic, and it was difficult. We had to use timers on paper, while in electronics class, we learned how to build timers. That was the last class on Friday's. That was Sir Sanford Flemming College in Peterborough, which in retrospect, ruled.

Other than that, it seems a taboo subject. Who the heck here actually programmes traffic lights? There should be a 'tad' more focus on the 'hardware' used in traffic lights. Somewhat like a history lesson. Lets go 'old school'. Otherwise the logic makes no sense as the student does not trully understand.

Brian Jones

Bryan,

After seeing your comment in this thread, I thought that you were asking for further help (on your particular thread) and that we were neglecting you.

That is why I asked why you didn't "bump" your thread to the top.

After re-reading your earlier post in this thread, through the "ambiguous interpreter", I see that you were acknowledging efforts provided.

Bryan, you can "take this to the bank", if I intend to slam you, there would be NO ambiguity about it. You would "know" that I'm slammin' ya. (I'm just an a$$hole that way.)

Ahhh Jeez... that reminds me of the infamous "Camel-Guy"!
Do you "Baker Street Regulars" remember? Was my message clear?
(For those don't know, that was very, very, very early in PLC-net history!)

Bryan, I wasn't tryin' to slam ya.

Thanks for the unspoken kudos.

kc9ih said:
...how does the little can with no wires on the gizmo in the little room down the hall know when to flus, and how does it do it without wires? Hydro-electric? power.

I always thought it was controlled by retired traffic light monkeys... ;)

beerchug

-Eric