Studio 5000, How to send control characters?

asteroide

Hello Friends

I need to send some control characters to a printer, like:

STX
ETB
LF
CR

Accordig with the printer's user manual I should send in decimal:

2 for STX
23 for ETB
10 for LF
13 for CR

I have done the most of the program, but I do not know how to send this characters.

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance.

To manually place any nonprintable character in a Logix 5000 String, preface it with a dollar sign.

$02 inserts hex 0x02

$23 inserts hex 0x23, which is a printable ASCII character, the pound/hash sign (#).

Studio 5000 carries over some shortcuts from the old PLC/SLC days and also allows $L for Line Feed (0x0A), and $R for Carriage Return (0x0D) Or, you can explicitly add those as $0A and $0D.

Changing the Style of display for those elements of a string DATA[x] array makes it easier to understand them, for me.

Logix5000_String_Control_Characters.png