Studio example, now trying in a Micro 820. There is no Control Data Type in CCW.

There is a BSR data type in CCW, and that is what is the analogue for the Control Data Type from Studio.

When you insert an BSR instruction, CCW will create a BSR instance called BSR_1 (or BSR_2, or BSR_3, etc.) in the program-local variable list; you can then move it to global variables, or rename it, or whatever.

There is a BSR data type in CCW, and that is what is the analogue for the Control Data Type from Studio.

When you insert an BSR instruction, CCW will create a BSR instance called BSR_1 (or BSR_2, or BSR_3, etc.) in the program-local variable list; you can then move it to global variables, or rename it, or whatever.

I've never used CCW for anything other than drives -- this makes it sound like they have basically just dropped having a generic control structure that's used for pretty much everything and now have dedicated control tag types for the different instructions. Is this the case?

I've never used CCW for anything other than drives -- this makes it sound like they have basically just dropped having a generic control structure that's used for pretty much everything and now have dedicated control tag types for the different instructions. Is this the case?
That is correct. I used them in RS Logix, 500, 5000 and studio for many things. Not in CCW